The Ama Dablam in the Himalayas seem to be a hot topic at the moment…so much so that Marmot have decided to name a down jacket after it!
The name, I ‘d say, is representative of the climb itself. Basic mountain gear is what you need to scale the Ama Dablam – light weight, warm and easy to store! The Marmot Ama Down Jacket can be compressed in to a pocket located inside the jacket, this makes it easy to store without taking up too much room in your backpack…it can also be clipped on the outside of the pack. For me this means more space in my pack for a better camera and more food!
There is your box standard features list below.I thought I’d pick out the main features from them. It’s light at 540g and it’s minimum 800 fill power goose down. It’s got chest pockets which are super handy for quick access, draw cords and velcro cuffs to stop the heat getting out. The way the jacket is constructed means that you won’t have a problem moving your arms around, so you are most likely able to to a bit of trad/sports climbing in this jacket too…and to tie it back in (no pun intended) if you get too hot you can tie in and pack it into the pocket and clip it to your gear look – very practical.
You can get the jacket in a range of colours: Green, Blue, Red, Black, Grey all with a contrasting zipper set. My personal favourite is the blue and yellow combo.
- Ultra Light Down Proof Fabric
- 800 Fill Power Goose Down – The Best Down Available for Maximum Warmth, Guaranteed Minimum Fill
- Attached Adjustable Down-filled Hood
- Napoleon Chest Pocket – Vertical Front Chest Pocket Stores Small Items for Quick Access
- Inside Zip Stuff Sack Pocket – Allows You to Stuff the Whole Thing in its Own Pocket
- Elastic Draw Cord Hem – For Adjustability in Serious Weather
- Zippered Handwarmer Pockets – Soft Fabric to Warm Hands
- Adjustable Velcro®/Elastic Cuffs – Combination of Velcro and Elastic for Comfort and Adjustability
- Angel-Wing Movement™ – Allows Full Range of Motion in Arms so Jacket Doesn’t Ride Up
- Updated with 800 Fill Power Down
- 28 1/2″ Center Back Length for Size Medium
- Fern (4090)
- Methyl Blue (2581)
- Slate Grey (1440)
- Team Red (6278)
- Black (001)
- Center Back Length:
- 28.5in / 72.4cm
- 1 lbs 3.1 oz / 541.5 g
- 100% Polyester DWR Ripstop 1.2 oz/yd
- Lining Material:
- 100% Polyester Embossed WR 1.3 oz/yd
- Insulation Material:
- 800 Fill Goose Down